Nicholas A. Carlson
Mr. Carlson’s practice focuses on civil litigation and the representation of both public and private entities. Before joining Patterson Buchanan, Mr. Carlson clerked for Chief Justice Barbara Madsen of the Washington State Supreme Court. In this role, he assisted in the judicial decision-making process by drafting opinions and by researching and analyzing novel legal issues, including issues in the areas of medical malpractice and Washington’s Public Records Act. While in law school, Mr. Carlson externed for the Honorable Thomas S. Zilly of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. He also interned at the Federal Trade Commission, where he worked on consumer protection matters.
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2014, Summa cum laude
- Executive Editor at Large, Seattle University Law Review
- Seattle Pacific University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2007
Honors and AwardsCALI Award for future excellence:
- Legal Writing I
- Legal Writing II
- Pretrial Advocacy
- Trial Advocacy
- Civil Procedure
- Basic Real Estate
- Administrative Law
- Professional Responsibility
- Film and the Law
- Legal Research Skills
- Washington State Bar Association
Representative CasesSummary Judgment dismissals:
- Case alleging serious head injury caused by rollercoaster.
- Claims against client alleging wrongful death and outrage.