Sara B. Sutton
Ms. Sutton’s practice focuses on civil defense litigation for both private and public entities.
Before joining Patterson Buchanan, Ms. Sutton practiced as a state and federal prosecutor. Ms. Sutton worked as a Border Prosecution Unit attorney leading the prosecution of felony drug trafficking, human smuggling and money laundering crimes on behalf of the State of Texas. Ms. Sutton also served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of Texas primarily focusing on prosecuting federal crimes relating to child sexual exploitation and large-scale drug trafficking. She has successfully litigated numerous jury trials in both state and federal courts. During law school, Ms. Sutton externed at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Moderate Means Program, and the Spokane County Public Defender’s Office.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
- Member, National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Team, 2012-2013
- Regional Competition Winner, 2013
- Regional Competition Second Best Brief Award, 2013
- Gonzaga Journal of International Law, Associate Editor, 2012-2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient: Employment Law and Legal Research & Writing II
- Gonzaga Public Interest Law Project, Executive Board, 2012-2013
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Minors in Human Rights and Law, Societies & Justice
- Washington State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association