Thomas E. Hudson
Mr. Hudson’s practice centers on providing representation and advice to public entities. Before joining Patterson Buchanan, Mr. Hudson clerked for the Honorable Lisa R. Worswick, Judge for Division II of the Washington State Court of Appeals. At the Court, Mr. Hudson gained invaluable experience researching and analyzing the legal issues presented by the parties and assisting the Judge in writing and publishing her opinions.
Mr. Hudson received his J.D., with high honors, from the University Of Washington School Of Law, where he served as the Washington Law Review’s Chief Articles Editor and the Moot Court Honor Board’s Vice President of Finance. Additionally, as a member of the Innocence Project Northwest Legislative Advocacy Clinic, Mr. Hudson successfully lobbied the legislature to pass a bill providing compensation for wrongfully convicted exonerees. Also while in law school, Mr. Hudson completed the William Sampson Fellowship in Dublin, Ireland, and worked as a summer associate for McGavick Graves.
- University of Washington School of Law, Juris Doctorate, with high honors, 2013
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Communication, summa cum laude, 2009
- United States District Court for the Western District Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in:
- Civil Procedure
- Chief Articles Editor of the Washington Law Review
- Vice President of Finance of the Moot Court Honor Board
- 2011 Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson Appellate Advocacy Competition Finalist and Recipient of the 2nd Place Brief Award
- William Sampson Fellowship in Dublin, Ireland
- Washington State Bar Association