Brian J. Hansford
Mr. Hansford’s practice is focused on the defense of municipalities, school districts, Indian Tribes, and private entities in complex litigation involving personal injury, wrongful death, and harassment claims, and advising clients on employment matters.
Prior to joining Patterson Buchanan, Mr. Hansford worked at Campbell Dille Barnett & Smith, PLLC, in Puyallup. While at Campbell Dille, Mr. Hansford represented a wide array of individuals and small businesses in civil litigation including the representation of clients in Tribal Courts. Mr. Hansford is enrolled in Cherokee Nation and has a deep knowledge of tribal law and tribal governments. Prior to working at Campbell Dille, Mr. Hansford worked for medical malpractice defense firms in Tacoma and Oklahoma City.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts, 2005
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Puyallup Tribal Court
- Nisqually Tribal Court
- Northwest Indian Bar Association
- National Native Bar Association
- Tribal In-House Counsel Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
Representative CasesSummary Judgment dismissals:
- McCarthy v. Paris, et al. – Summary judgment dismissal of a wrongful death claim involving claim that defendants, who procured and consumed illegal narcotics with the plaintiff, were responsible for the plaintiff’s overdose death
- Morelo v. Mallya – Defense summary judgment of medical malpractice and Eighth Amendment claims brought by immigration detainee against psychiatrist at immigration detention center.