D. Jack Guthrie
Mr. Guthrie’s practice centers on defending private and public entities in complex and high profile cases. His cases have involved claims of catastrophic personal injury including paraplegia, brain damage, wrongful death, negligent supervision, negligent hiring, discrimination, and wrongful termination.
Prior to joining Patterson Buchanan, Mr. Guthrie worked at McKay Chadwell, PLLC, a firm specializing in representing entities and individuals facing simultaneous civil, criminal, and regulatory liability. At McKay Chadwell, PLLC, he represented clients in disputes ranging from civil rights claims under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 and Bivens, to professional disciplinary actions, commercial disputes, Public Record Act and Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, and serious criminal cases. Before that, Mr. Guthrie began his career defending those accused of serious felony crimes. Mr. Guthrie has represented individual and institutional clients in all phases of litigation and appeals.
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2013 - Dean’s List
- Whitman College, Bachelor of Arts
- United States District Court for the Western District
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award in Comprehensive Trial Advocacy
- CALI Award in Law, Police and Community
- Year-End Achievement Scholarship for Exemplary Academic Performance
- Washington State Bar Association, Court Rules and Procedures Committee Member
- Federal Bar Association
- Western District of Washington
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- King County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division Board Member