Erik R. Connell
Mr. Connell’s practice involves a broad range of civil litigation defense work.
Prior to joining Patterson Buchanan Fobes & Leitch, Mr. Connell was a staff attorney for a Fortune 100 company, where he conducted jury trials as lead counsel. He also conducted numerous arbitrations, expert and lay witness deposition, and mediations. He has experience representing corporate clients, insurance companies, labor unions, and individuals.
EducationSeattle University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2013
- Business and Marketing Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- Dean’s List 2012-2013
- CALI Award in Advanced Constitutional Law: Political Process and Political Participation
- Awarded Best Thesis in Comparative Politics
- Member of Mortar Board National Senior Honors Society
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
Representative CasesJury Trials Include:
- Ames v. Cohen – Plaintiff settled mid-trial for a fraction of the defendant’s offer of judgment after Mr. Connell successfully kept all of the plaintiff’s evidence out.
- Mezenge v. Montgomery – Jury returned verdict that was lower than the defendant’s last offer to plaintiff.
- Taylor v. Colyer – Obtained judgment as a matter of law after the plaintiff rested.
- Armstrong v. Bauman – Obtained summary judgment dismissal for owner of dog in dog bite case.