Ms. Terrien’s practice focuses on general public entity defense, with an emphasis on complex litigation involving professional negligence. She has defended a variety of public and private entities in all aspects of civil litigation and pre-litigation claims.
Before joining Patterson Buchanan as an associate, Ms. Terrien gained a solid foundation of litigation experience by working for Patterson Buchanan as a summer associate. During law school, Ms. Terrien externed for the Honorable Ricardo S. Martinez, United States District Judge for the Western District of Washington. She also participated in Seattle University School of Law’s Global Justice Advocacy programme, in which she studied comparative law at the Mandela Institute of the School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. In addition to her studies, Ms. Terrien worked with a magistrate judge and court personnel in Fort Portal, Uganda to increase the efficiency of court proceedings and improve legal writing techniques.
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2010
- Editor at Large, Seattle University Law Review
- Mentor/Mentee Chair, Women’s Law Caucus
- 2009-2010 Dean’s List
- 2009 Fredric C. Tausend Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist
- Santa Clara University, Bachelor of Science, Psychology, General Business Minor 2006
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association