Christopher I. J. Fobes
AttorneyAdmitted to practice in Washington and Oregon
Mr. Fobes’s practice focuses on civil defense litigation, including defense of public entities in the areas of discrimination, civil rights litigation, personal injury, and general liability. Mr. Fobes attended law school after serving in Afghanistan as a U.S. Marine in 2009 and 2011. While in law school, Mr. Fobes was as an Article Editor for Lewis & Clark Law Review. Mr. Fobes also worked as a certified law clerk for the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office in Portland, OR.
- Lewis & Clark Northwestern School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2019
- University of Wyoming, Bachelor of Science, 2016
- Supreme Court of the State of Washington
- Supreme Court of the State of Oregon
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
Publications / Presentations / Speaking Engagements
- Rule 43(a): Remote Witness Testimony and a Judiciary Resistant to Change, Lewis & Clark Law Review (2020)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
Summary Judgment dismissals
- Harvey v. Clallam County – Defense of county in negligent training claim.
- Young v. American Reliable –Defense of insurer in breach of good faith and fair dealing claim..
- Recall Petitions – Successfully defended two school boards against recall petitions based, in part, on allegations that the school boards failed to comply with COVID-19 guidelines established by the State of Washington.